Human Trafficking & Prostitution Solicitation in San Diego
California Law on Prostitution/Solicitation
The California Penal Code 647(b) criminalizes prostitution in two forms:
- Engaging in sexual acts with payment
- Soliciting prostitution
- Human Trafficking
The person who agrees to engage in sexual activities in return for compensation is deemed to have violated the Penal Code 647(b) and is punishable by law when convicted. Similarly, those who solicit sexual acts with an offering of compensation are also guilty of flouting the law.
Penalties that are meted out for prostitution in California when convicted by the state court include:
- Heavy fines
- Jail time
- Mandatory jail time is imposed on repeated prostitution offenders
- Conditions that Bring Conviction on Prostitution
A court hearing is set up to review the case with defendants engaging expert criminal lawyers in challenging the charges made by the prosecution which must prove the crime through:
- A confession from the defendant that a request or solicitation of sexual acts was made with the victim or prostitute
- Solid evidence that the defendant had set an intention to engage in sexual acts with a prostitute
- A confession from the prostitute that the defendant requested or complied to sexual acts with compensation to the prostitute
The California state laws are very clear with regards to prostitution where anyone engaging in sexual intercourse or lewd sexual acts in exchange for any form of compensation is guilty of violating the Penal Code on prostitution. However, there may be various circumstances that a sexual act may not necessarily be construed as an act of prostitution. Individuals who engage in prostitution may be confronted with compelling factors that cause them to take this route.
Reputed lawyers of the Law Offices of Thomas P Matthew with more than 2 decades of experience in prostitution cases are available to dismiss prostitution case charges through an aggressive approach that is compelling and fruitful
Ready to give us a call today?
Our representatives here at Liberty Lawyers Thomas P Matthews are standing by waiting for your call. We want to help you through your Prostitution Solicitation Defense case and put our 25 years of experience to work for you. Call our San Diego, CA offices at (619) 600-5506.
Call us 24/7 For A Free Consultation