Credit Card Fraud in San Diego
As society becomes more affluent in science and technology, it is not surprising to note the increasing number of credit or debit card fraud across the globe. This activity is illegal as it involves the intentional misuse of credit or debit card facility or information that would incur financial detriment to the owner.
A credit/debit card fraud crime could include:
- Using someone else’s credit or debit card without the owner’s knowledge or permission
- Using an expired or revoked credit/debit card
- Falsifying information in an application for credit/debit card
- A strong defense on a credit/debit card fraud crime charge should include:
- A case of mistaken identity on the defendant
- Proving a ‘no-intention’ to defraud the credit/debit card company
- Wrong accusation by police in the arrest or by the credit/debit company
Most credit/debit card frauds are charged as a category D felony with imprisonment and fines as well as victim restitution program.
More on Fraud Cases In San Diego:
- Charged with Fraud Crimes in San Diego
- Welfare Fraud in San Diego
- Security and Investment Fraud in San Diego
San Diego Criminal Legal Defense Approach For Fraud Charges
Certain factors must be set in place to prove the innocence of the fraud defendant. It is crucial for the defendant to be proven:
- A lack of fraudulent intention to commit the fraud crime
- A victim of mistaken identity
- Innocent until proven guilty by compelling evidence
- An entrapment stemming from coercion
Contact Our San Diego Fraud Lawyer for Free Consultation Today!
Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Thomas P. Matthew are experienced with fraudulent acts defenses for all types of fraud crime charges. CALL: (619) 236-3400.
Call us 24/7 For A Free Consultation