Getting Results For Oceanside Expungements, Warrants, Weapons Crimes, Vandalism, DUI, Restraining Orders, Domestic Violence, Sex Crimes, Rape,Petty Theft, Shoplifting, Assault/Battery, Prostitution Solicitation, Theft Crimes, Federal Drug Offenses Cases etc
Thomas Matthews is an aggressive Oceanside criminal defense lawyer with 23 plus years experience defending residents of Oceanside with all types criminal charges including: DUI, Restraining Orders, Domestic Violence, Sex Crimes, Rape, Petty Theft, Shoplifting, Assault, Prostitution Solicitation, Theft Crimes, Federal Drug Offenses Case
DWI/Drunk Driving Defense Laws
When one faces a DUI, the outcome will depend on the number of such DUI that has already been committed over a ten year period. If the conviction is a third time offense, the following punishments could befall you:
- Up to five years of probation
- Not less than 120 days and up to a year in county jail
- Fines that can be as little as 390 dollars or a maximum of 1000 dollars
- Completion of a DUI education program that is approved by the court for 30 months
- A driver’s license revocation for three years and up to one and a half years, it can be made a restricted license
- The DMV can designate you as being a habitual traffic offender.
In the absence of more aggravating circumstances, the sentences can be reduced considerably.
Theft Crimes( Shoplifting, Petty Theft, Grand Theft, Burglary, Robbery, Fraud, Embezzlement etc)
There are many kinds of theft crimes that you can face in Oceanside. They include:
- Grand theft of firearms
- Grand theft of autos can be classified as a petty theft if the value of the auto is below 950 dollars, but a grand theft if it is above that.
- Burglary is entering a building with some intent of theft or any other felony
- Auto burglary is breaking into a vehicle that is locked so as to steal
- Embezzlement is where a person steals or even mis appropriates the property that is entrusted to him by the owner
- Receiving stolen property
Domestic Violence( Assault/Battery, Abuse, Temporary Restraining Order etc)
There are different penal codes that govern domestic violence in Oceanside. Under the penal code 273.5, it is wrong to inflict injury which can cause a traumatic condition. This can be committed when a person strikes an intimate partner causing some visible injury.
The penal code 243 (e) (1) make it a crime to inflict violence or force on your intimate partner and this includes a dating partner, former or current spouse, your child’s parent, cohabitant or fiancé. There are many more laws and an attorney specialized in this area can be really helpful on what to do.
Drug Crimes(Possession, Trafficking, Sales, Manufacturing)
These are serious in Oceanside as it is a crime to be in possession of drugs. Usually, the way the drugs are packaged will be evidence of how you meant to use the drugs. An attorney can help you with your case as they are well versed with all the Californian laws set forth.
Sex Crimes(State/Federal Child Pornography, Molestation, Teen Sexting, Rape, Abuse, Prostitution Solicitation etc)
The depth of the charges will depend on the age of the complainant, the force used and injuries. Contacting a qualified lawyer is your best shot at getting a reasonable sentence. There are many cases where the sex offense is just a big misunderstanding where facts can be brought to light.
Contact our Experienced Criminal Law Firm For Free Consultation
Call or email us 24 hours seven days a week for help from aggressive criminal attorney: (619) 600-5506.
Call us 24/7 For A Free Consultation