Protecting Carlsbad Since 1992
- Re-classification of crimes
- Specific categorization of criminal offenders
- Widening and changing scopes of law enforcement capabilities
- Changing penalties on different types of crimes
The California Legislature is constantly evolving to project more dynamic criminal laws and penalties that would curb the rise of crimes.
Our Law firm handle all types of criminal defense cases including:
- Domestic Violence
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Offenses
- Theft Crimes
- Petty Theft
- Auto Theft Charges
It is not surprising to have the CA criminal laws to be changed to suit the changing needs of today’s society. Adjustments to the current criminal laws fine tune the processes and execution of penalties on criminal cases. New criminal laws that have been effectively legislated include:
- Three Strikes Law that brings on life imprisonment on repeated criminal offenses
- Juvenile Justice Realignment where more responsibility for juvenile criminal charges are passed to the county or local government than at the state level
- Trial court realignment where the state courts played a more proactive role
- Realignment of penalties by criminal adult offenders to the county enforcement department than executed at the state level
Helping You Understand DUI/Drunk Driving DMV Hearing
A distinct relationship exists between a DMV hearing and a court trial for DUI offenses. A DMV hearing on a DUI offense is different from the DUI court hearing where the former is not concerned about a criminal act being committed while the latter does.
The DMV hearing officer focuses on the circumstances of the DUI arrest to decide on the outcome of driving privileges of the defendant. However, the two hearings are inextricably intertwined with outcome from one avenue impacting the outcome of the other.
Our highly experienced DUI attorneys at Law Offices Of Thomas P. Matthews can turn the tide to favor our defendant clients with our available resources and skills.
Call a Criminal Law Firm For Free Consultation Today. If you need the best representation call us now at (619) 236-3400!
Call us 24/7 For A Free Consultation